These terms apply to the hire of all camping equipment provided by Camplight to you at the event and form the agreement between Camplight and yourself the customer.
“customer”, “hirer”, “you”, “your”, refers to you the hirer of camp equipment from CampLight
“we”, “us”, refers to Camplight
“equipment”, refers to equipment provided by Camplight.
“event”, refers to the event for which you booked tents from Camplight.
Campsite & Camping Equipment:
1. Apart from Camplight Customers and their friends (who can also book a place in the campsite for their own tent), no other tents will be entitled to camp in the Camplight Area. We will do our best to pitch groups of friends next to each other within the campsite but cannot guarantee that this will be possible. Correct use of our Group Ordering system will help us do this effectively.
2. Camplight will do it’s best to provide you with the equipment you booked. On rare occasions there may be times when we have to provide you with alternative equipment due to a lack of availability or other circumstances. In such event we will provide you with alternative equipment of similar specifications and quality to your booking or provide a refund for unavailable equipment.
3. No Pets allowed in the tents on the campsite.
4. Fires/Barbecues. Please check the event terms and conditions to see if you can have a fire in the field. At some events that allow fires we hire woking machines or have a supervised communal campfire. If you have a fire in our campsite it is entirely your responsibility and it must be a safe distance away from any tents or other structures. Under NO circumstances may you take a fire/barbecue into your tent, this can result in death.
5. No Vehicles can be brought to the camplight campsite, unless through prior arrangement with Kieran.
6. No P.A’s or generators are allowed in the Camplight Campsite unless prior arrangement is agreed with Kieran.
7. The camplight tents booked may not be used in connection with any commercial activity on or off site.
8. Fireworks, Chinese/flying lanterns, flares, the burning of plastics, generators, glass containers, potential weapons, portable laser equipment including laser pens or any illegal or offensive items or substances are not permitted for use at the Camplight Campsite and can be confiscated. Although Camplight staff will attempt to stop them according to clause 36; Police or security may search tents if they have reason to believe that any of the above 6 clauses have been breached.
9. While on site hire of Air Beds, Sleeping Bags and/or Camp Chairs will be available to Camplight Customers and members of the public at events Subject to Availability. However whether Camplight chooses to do this is up to our discretion at each individual event. If we do offer the service; a returnable deposit and hire fee will apply. The exact prices of these items may change from event to event.
10. If you are not satisfied with the condition of some of the equipment please notify a member of Camplight staff. We will try to fix or replace the equipment for you.
11. Camplight Customers and no other member of public will be allowed to take items away from the Camplight campsite.
12. Although Camplight Staff will normally be present in the Camplight Campsite between 10am and 6pm each day of the event we cannot guarantee that someone will be present all day. If somebody is not present when needed the Camplight manager Kieran can be called on his mobile phone 07782 849052.
13. Improved Recycling and Rubbish facilities will be provided on the Camplight Campsite. It would be appreciated if they are used.
14. All hired equipment is checked as functional before issuing to the hirer. The customer may check the items when they are received. This is our means of making sure the equipment is safe and functional. Camplight can not be held responsible for equipment failure because all the equipment is salvaged and fixed in the 1st place. We do our best to make sure equipment is well restored and we can normally replace the item for the customer.
15. To protect your own safety and those of other guests, please act responsibly! We will not be held responsible for the actions of any individuals attending the event nor if those actions affect your enjoyment of the Event or Services. This applies whether or not those individuals are staying with Camplight.
16. We are not responsible for your possessions when being stored in our tents, including the Storage Tent. We recommend you use lock up’s provided by the event management or keep valuables with you.
17. Travel john; Flag Poles; Shower in a Bag; and the Phone Charging Power packs are products not made by us. They are all available on the Uk market. We simply hire them to the customer so we cannot be responsible for any injury to self or other, or irritation that may result from these products use at the event.
18. The Woking Machine is provided by us on hire to the customer. The hire does not include fuel. The Woking Machine is far safer than an open fire and Camplight will endeavour to make the experience safer by giving a bit of extra space to people who hire it. We at Camplight will not accept responsibility for your own failure to use of the Woking Machine safely, and that includes using it to cook food on.
19. Lost Property or property allegedly lost in our campsite by our customers, friends of customers or even security or our own staff is not our responsibility. If any of our staff find lost property in our campsite during the event it will be handed on to the campsite stewards and lost property on site.
20. Checkout: Please report to reception and let us know you are leaving. If reception is closed there will be a piece of paper where you can fill in your name/order number to tell us you have left. It is very important that we know when you have gone. Otherwise you may return to a tent that has been emptied out and taken down!
21. Tents that are hired to the customer will always be rated by the manufacturer specification. I.e. a manufactures specified 2 man tent will be hired as a 2man tent. We cannot take responsibility for the fact that some manufacturers specification are a bit ridiculous and appear to be made for small people. Please take this up with the manufacturers or the people selling the tents in the first place. All our tents are salvaged.
22. We will not enter or search a customers tent without their permission without first tying to contact them. However if we cannot get through to our customer after 12 hours then we may become worried for their safety. This could mean that we will need to take action by looking in the tent or handing over operations to security or other organisations.
23. Toilet Tents are not permitted in the Camplight Campsite.
Tickets, Booking, Cancellation, Arrival & Departure:
24. Upon receipt of payment in full we will send you an email confirming your booking. The email confirming your booking will contain your chosen Group Name and a unique (5 digit) reference number. You must refer to this Group Name AND unique (5 digit) reference number on arrival at the Camplight Campsite before we will show you to your tents.
25. All Camplight bookings are valid for the official event dates when public are allowed on site. The same licensing laws apply to a Camplight Customer that apply to any other customer who has paid for entry to the event site.
26. The Customers genuine event wristband/ticket will be inspected upon arrival at the Camplight site and the Camplight unique order number will be matched to the Customers Name/Group Name/Telephone Number. If the customer has not got an event ticket then the event security will be asked to deal with the matter. A refund from Camplight will not be available due to the fact that the customers order has at this point in time already been prepared.
27. The customers tent will be reserved during the event until they arrive. If the customer arrives at the Camplight Campsite before 10am or after 6pm then it would be good to contact Camplight before hand to arrange. Kieran can be contacted on site on 07782 849052.
28. Treat our staff, other Camplight guests and individuals with respect. Should you fail do so by being abusive, aggressive or disrespectful we reserve the right to refuse hiring you camping equipment, issuing you refunds and/or calling security.
29. Website ordering closes before each event between 2 weeks and 2 days before event start date. This is so we have time to prepare all campsite equipment before your arrival. After website ordering has closed we cannot guarantee that there will be equipment available.
30. The tent hire booking is only valid when booked directly from Camplight or with official agents like Festicket or Ticketsellers. Some events also offer our tents for their event websites. These events are normally listed on our “events and bookings” page.
31. If you cancel your order and want a refund, we can do that for free for upto 21 days from the order date. If you absolutely have to cancel after the 21 day period we can refund you but will charge a £15 administration charge. Alternatively you can find someone else to use the booking but we will still charge a £15 admin fee to transfer the booking to another person.
If you need to cancel your booking within 14 days before the event any refund we give you will be at our sole discretion.
32. All Camplight tents must be vacated on the day the event is closed to the public. The time that the campsites are to be cleared is according to the events specific terms and conditions. We will make sure that our campsite is cleared of customers by 4pm on the day that the event is closed to the public. You are welcome to stay until whichever time is earlier. If you are going to stay till after this time on site for some reason you MUST contact us because after this time we will start cleaning and taking down ALL of our tents (we are not responsible for any possessions that you may have left in your tent).
33. Lost Property: We request that customers take ALL their own items and property home with them at the end of the event. If the tent and camp is left tidy we now have a clean campsite deposit that can be used to reward the customer for tidy campsites. We do not have any formal procedures for dealing with customers property left in tents so it is unlikely that we can return it. But you can contact us and ask because we do collect stuff up and try to avoid binning it when ever possible.
34. If an Event is cancelled for any reason we will give refunds minus the £15 admin fee. If an Event is abandoned 5 days before official event start date then any refund we give you will be at our sole discretion. If an event is cancelled after it has started and you have begun using our Services and Equipment any refund we give you will be at our sole discretion.
35. Due to limited stock at some events: once an order is placed it is non transferrable. I.e. If 4 man tents are out of stock so you order 2 x 2 man tents, you cannot change your order at a later date if more stock becomes available. You can however change names on the order for the £15 admin fee.
36. While staying at Camplight your tents is yours and we will support you against any security entering your tent. However if police need to search your tent we can’t really stop them.
37. Checkout is either when the event specify you need to be off site or 12 noon the day after the event is over, which ever is earlier.
38. When you make a booking we will need to send you information via email so your name and email address will be added to our mailing lists. You can unsubscribe any time but please do not unsubscribe before the event because we will need to send you information about the event. We will not sell your information to a third party.
40. Admission to the Camplight Campsite is at the Ticket Holder’s own risk. Camplight will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained in the campsite at the event including damage, theft or losses from the Camplight tents and/or from motor vehicles. There are security teams, campsite steward teams and medical staff on site to deal with these kind of occurrences.
41. We will not be liable to the Customer in any circumstances for any property damage or theft for pure economic loss, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage such as lost profit, lost opportunity, lost bargain, lost reputation, loss of anticipated savings or otherwise whether caused by our negligence.
42. Our total liability provided to the Customer will (except in relation to personal injury or death caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees or agents) be limited to the amount paid for your booking.
43. We reserve the right to amend our Terms and Conditions with our written consent to the customer. Although we will let the customer know when we make changes.
44. Data Protection Policy: We collect the minimal amount of information required to offer our services effectively. This means we don’t collect addresses or postcodes from our customers. We don’t copy phone numbers to our mailling lists. We won’t sell or share any of the information we do have with any third party unless it is for the explicit purpose of delivering our service to customers.
Basically in the field, we look after the tents, you look after yourself!